Energi Coast was formed when NOF Energy, a highly proactive business development organisation working on behalf of firms in the oil, gas, nuclear and offshore renewables sectors, brought together the leading offshore renewables supply chain companies in the North East.
Energi Coast exists to promote:
- The capabilities of North Eastern companies in servicing the offshore renewables markets in the UK, Europe and internationally
- The key competencies of North East England’s integrated energy supply chain
- Its unique, comprehensive ‘balance of plant’ offering in one geographical location
- Member companies with a strong track record of collaborative working and a commitment to further strengthening these partnerships to serve offshore renewables
- North East England’s excellent infrastructure and logistics capabilities, which will enable it to become a global hub for the offshore renewables sector
The organisation also promotes the benefits of investing in North East England to aid the growth of the region’s offshore renewables supply chain.
As a member of the steering group for Energi Coast, the Port of Tyne is ideally placed to promote its role and the role of the region as a whole within the renewable energy sector.
Turnover of Energi Coast members is forecast to double in coming years which will have a significant impact on the North East economy as a whole and its supporting supply chain.
Find out more about Energi Coast at www.energicoast.co.uk.